The year 2019 has some great most awaited movie titles from sequels to remakes, big movies coming out on big screens. Have a look at these most awaited movies of 2019 and let us know what you think of this list in the comments below!
1. Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel is one of the most awaited movies of 2019, based on the Marvel Comics character Carol Denver – Captain Marvel. The film is set in the 90s, Captain Marvel takes after Carol Danvers as she transforms into one of the cosmic system’s mightiest superheroes after the Earth is gotten in the focal point of an intergalactic clash between two alien universes.
The star cast features Brie Larson as Carol Denver – Captain Marvel, a United States based air forces pilot whose DNA is combined with that of an outsider alien amid an accident, which gives her with the forces of superhuman quality, vitality projection, and flight.
Carol Denver also known as Captain Marvel is adherent to justice and truth and an extension between space and Earth. She’s battling between the defects that are inside her and this great work that she needs to attempt and spread and improve the world an excellent place.
Also starring Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou as Korath, Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan as Minn-Erva, Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson.
Captain Marvel is an upcoming American superhero movie based on famous Marvel comics character Captain Marvel produced by Marvel Studios. Captain Marvel is the 21st film releasing next year in the Marvel Cinematic Universe also known as MCU. This movie is directed and written by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, with Meg LeFauve, Nicole Perlman, Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Liz Flahive, and Carly Mensch also contributing to the screenplay.
Release date: March 8, 2019
2. John Wick 3
The very famous John Wick sequel is on its way to the big screens next year, This another most awaited upcoming American action-thriller movie is known as John Wick 3 Parabellum.
The film is directed by Chad Stahelski and written by Derek Kolstad, John Wick 3 Parabellum is the 3rd film in the John Wick franchise following John Wick and John Wick Chapter 2. The film stars Keanu Reeves, Halle Berry, Ian McShane, Ruby Rose, Hiroyuki Sanada, Common, Lance Reddick, Mark Dacascos and Laurence Fishburne.
The story follow John Wick, who is still on the run following his killing of a High Table member inside The Continental, and with a $14 million global contract out on his life. Banned from any company services, John must fight and kill his way out of New York.
Release date: March 17, 2019
3. Untitled Avengers Movie
The untitled Avengers film, also known as Avengers 4, is also one of the most awaited movies of 2019. This upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
It is intended to be the direct sequel to 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War, as well as the sequel to 2012’s Marvel’s The Avengers and 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron and the twenty-second film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
The film is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, with a screenplay by the writing team of Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, and features an ensemble cast with many actors from previous MCU films.
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man:
The leader and benefactor of the Avengers who is a self-described genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist with electromechanical suits of armor of his own making.
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor: An Avenger and the king of Asgard, based on the Norse mythological deity of the same name.
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk:
An Avenger and a genius scientist who, because of exposure to gamma radiation, transforms into a monster when enraged or agitated. The character concludes a story arc that was established in Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America:
A fugitive superhero and leader of a faction of Avengers. A World War II veteran, he was enhanced to the peak of human physicality by an experimental serum and frozen in suspended animation before waking up in the modern world. Although the film was beyond Evans’ initial six-film contract with Marvel which would have ended with Avengers: Infinity War, Evans agreed to appear in the film “because it made sense. It’s going to wrap everything up.”
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow: A highly trained spy, a member of Rogers’ faction of Avengers, and a former agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange: A former neurosurgeon who, after a car accident that led to a journey of healing, discovered the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions and became a Master of the Mystic Arts.
- Don Cheadle as James “Rhodey” Rhodes / War Machine: An officer in the U.S. Air Force who operates the War Machine armor and is an Avenger.
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man: A teenager and Avenger who received spider-like abilities after being bitten by a genetically-modified spider.
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther: The king of the African nation of Wakanda, who gained his enhanced strength by ingesting the Heart-Shaped Herb.
- Paul Bettany as Vision: An android and Avenger created using the artificial intelligence J.A.R.V.I.S., Ultron and the Mind Stone.
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch: A member of Rogers’ faction of Avengers who can harness magic and engage in hypnosis and telekinesis.
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon: A member of Rogers’ faction of Avengers and former pararescueman trained by the military in aerial combat using a specially designed wing pack.
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier:
An enhanced assassin and Rogers’ ally and best friend, who reemerged brainwashed after being thought killed in action during World War II. Barnes, who formerly went by Winter Soldier, takes the name White Wolf, given to him by the people of Wakanda, who helped remove his Hydra programming.
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki: Thor’s adoptive brother based on the Norse mythological deity of the same name.
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis: A member of the Guardians with empathic powers.
- Karen Gillan as Nebula: An adopted daughter of Thanos who was raised with Gamora as siblings.
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer: A member of the Guardians and warrior in search of vengeance against Thanos for killing his family.
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora: A member of the Guardians who is an orphan from an alien world who seeks redemption for her past crimes. She was trained by Thanos to be his personal assassin.
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia “Pepper” Potts: Stark’s fianceé and the CEO of Stark Industries.
- Josh Brolin as Thanos:
An intergalactic despot who longs to collect all of the Infinity Stones in order to inflict his will on all of reality. In addition to providing the voice for the character, Brolin performed motion capture on set.
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill / Star-Lord:
The half-human, half-Celestial leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy who was abducted from Earth as a child and raised by a group of alien thieves and smugglers called the Ravagers.
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye: A master archer, former Avenger, and agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne / Wasp:
The daughter of Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne, who is handed down a similar suit and the Wasp mantle from her mother. Lilly said that her character did not appear in Avengers: Infinity War in order to preserve her reveal as the Wasp in Ant-Man and the Wasp.
- Jon Favreau as Harold “Happy” Hogan: The former head of security for Stark Industries and Tony Stark’s driver and bodyguard.
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man: A former petty criminal who acquired a suit that allows him to shrink or grow in scale and increase in strength.
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel:
A U.S. Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident, which imbues her with the powers of superhuman strength, energy projection and flight. Screenwriter Christopher Markus stated that Danvers’ powers are on a scale that has not previously existed in the MCU and likened her personality to Rogers’, “which is sort of a person who’s right and knows they’re right and doesn’t really want to hear it when you tell them they’re wrong.”
Additionally, Letitia Wright reprises her role as Shuri, and Hiroyuki Sanada has been cast in an undisclosed role. Avengers co-creator Stan Lee has a cameo in the film.
Release date: May 3, 2019
Another most awaited movie Aladdin is an upcoming American musical romantic fantasy adventure film directed by Guy Ritchie, written by Ritchie, John Augustand Vanessa Taylor, and produced by Walt Disney Pictures.
It is a live-action adaptation of Disney’s 1992 animated film of the same name, which is in turn based on the Arab-style folktale of the same name from One Thousand and One Nights and the French interpretation by Antoine Galland.
The film stars Mena Massoud as the title character alongside Naomi Scott, Will Smith, Marwan Kenzari, Navid Negahban, Nasim Pedrad, Billy Magnussen, and Numan Acar.
Release date: May 24, 2019
5. Godzilla King of Monsters
Godzilla: King of the Monsters is an upcoming American monster film directed and co-written by Michael Dougherty. It is a sequel to Godzilla (2014) and will be the 35th film in the Godzillafranchise, the third film in Legendary’s MonsterVerse, and the third Godzilla film to be completely produced by a Hollywood studio.
The film stars Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown, Bradley Whitford, Sally Hawkins, Charles Dance, Thomas Middleditch, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Ken Watanabe, and Zhang Ziyi.
The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species – thought to be mere myths – rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.
Release date: May 31, 2019
6. Spider-Man Far from Home
Spider-Man: Far From Home is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man, produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing.
This film is intended to be the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and the twenty-third film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film is directed by Jon Watts, and written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers.
The film stars Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man, alongside Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Marisa Tomei, and Jake Gyllenhaal.
After the events of the untitled Avengers film, Parker and his friends go on summer vacation to Europe.In Spider-Man: Far From Home.
Release date: July 5, 2019
7. The Lion King
The Lion King is an upcoming American musical drama film directed and produced by Jon Favreau, produced by Walt Disney Pictures, and written by Jeff Nathanson.
It is a remake of Disney’s 1994 animated film of the same name. The film stars the voices of Donald Glover, Beyoncé, James Earl Jones (who reprises his role from the original film), Chiwetel Ejiofor, Billy Eichner, Seth Rogen, John Kani, John Oliver, and Alfre Woodard.
Release date: July 19, 2019
8. Wonder Woman 1984
Wonder Woman 1984 is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics character Wonder Woman. It is intended to be the sequel to 2017’s Wonder Woman and the eighth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU).
The film is directed by Patty Jenkins and written by Jenkins, Geoff Johns, and David Callaham, from a story written by Johns and Jenkins. It stars Gal Gadot in the title role, with Chris Pine and Kristen Wiig in supporting roles.
Diana Prince comes into conflict with the Soviet Union during the Cold War in the 1980s, and finds a formidable foe in the form of the Cheetah.
Release date: November 1, 2019